Amethyst Infrared Therapy Mat
Features of Amethyst
- Amethyst crystal is a superconductive gemstone and generates its own small magnetic field which is beneficial to us similar to the benefits of PEMF therapy.
- Infrared light from this crystal therapy penetrate the body 6-8 inches to stimulate cellular metabolism and detoxification.
- Use of amethyst crystal therapy induces the Delta / Theta brain wave to promote deep relation, meditation and restorative sleep.
- Amethyst crystal as been used as a healing stone for thousands of years and is a great all-purpose healing stone. This is largely due to its ability to generate far infrared rays & negative ions when heated.
- Amethyst provides excellent negative ion output when heated (about 1500 negative ions per cubic centimeter).
- Metaphysically, amethyst has been known to stimulate and soothe the mind and emotions. It activates the “crown chakra” & “third eye chakra” which are the gateways to expand oneself spiritually and to the expanded universe beyond our bodies. These chakras are largely connected to our dream state which may be why amethyst is considered an excellent stone to assist in sleeping. The Mat is a Class II, FDA registered medical device. FDA registration documents give the following indications for use:“The Mat is indicated for the temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain and stiffness; the temporary relief of joint pain associated with arthritis; the temporary relief of muscle spasms, minor sprains and strains, and minor muscular back pain; the relaxation of muscles; and the temporary increase of local circulation where applied.”
- It uses many pounds of hot amethyst crystal to produce a unique signal of infrared light. This light is experienced as a wholesome and enveloping warmth that is both gentle and powerful at the same time. The benefits of this hot crystal therapy must be experienced to be believed.
The high temperature settings are similar to the effects of a sauna, except more relaxing because you can lie down, close your eyes, and tune out the whole world. Anyone who has tried this will confirm it’s more than just detoxification: It’s a profound and rejuvenating whole-body experience. But, it’s not necessary to use the Mat like a sauna every time. With the medium and lower temperature settings, you will experience a wholesome and gentle warmth that relieves pain, improves circulation, and speeds the healing of soft tissue.
The Amethyst Mat: Explanation of Technology
The Mat is very different from a standard heating pad. It does not contain heating coils, or any point sources of heat, so it does not present the practical dangers associated with heating pads. It also has EMF protection built-in. And yet, the Mat can transfer far more heat into the body compared to a heating pad. This is because the heat transfer is radiant, not conductive. And since the heat is distributed evenly throughout the body, rather than just on the skin, there is great therapeutic value.
The radiant heat is produced by hot amethyst crystals that cover the surface of the mat, and there are settings to control the desired temperature of the crystals. The crystals are warmed by a flexible conductive heating plate, which was developed originally by NASA in order to safely warm space stations and other space vehicles.
Far Infrared Light: This is the same phenomenon as visible light, but the wavelength is longer, so we cannot detect it visually. As the wavelength increases, the light can penetrate more deeply, transferring heat very efficiently. This is why sunlight warms us to our bones. If you hold a flashlight behind your fingers, only the red light can penetrate. This is because it has a longer wavelength than the other components of the light.
Negative Ions: These are air molecules that have an extra electron, hence the negative charge. They are abundant near large sources of moving water. Breathing these free electrons neutralizes oxidizing compounds (free radicals). They are an anti-oxidant! You may also notice benefits of mood and alertness, due to increased serotonin levels.
Amethyst: Natural crystals convert conductive heat into far infrared light very efficiently. Indeed, all infrared products rely on some kind of crystalline material for this reason, but some products use ceramic or graphite. Natural crystals have long been used for healing purposes, across many different cultures, and there could be a scientific basis for this practice, yet to be discovered.